4.25.2011

Handmade Monday: easter basket

 
These adorable little baskets caught my attention while strolling through the holiday goodies in Target recently.


I was super tempted to scoop one up for ELA, but I found the idea of attempting one of my own even more enticing. Unfortunately, when I went searching for supplies, I couldn't locate the necessary stiff felt, so I had to come up with a slightly different approach. 


About halfway through, when it was still miles away from anything functional, I began to question both my stradegy and skills.

Determination coated in frustration pushed me forward (I refused to let a pile of felt win!), and I'm actually quite delighted with the finished product. Here is ELA's new Easter basket:
Front
Side 1
Side 2
Back
Basket in action.

Obviously she made out pretty well in the sugar department. How did you do? I hope you received at least a treat or two to help fuel you through this Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Your brother got one of the robot buckets and he got me one if the pretty laser cut ones. ELA's is much cuter and definitely made with more love!

    <3,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. The basket looks great and she seemed to really like it. Nice.

    ReplyDelete