4.11.2011

Handmade Monday: cupcakes


Recently, someone very dear to me gave me some blogging advice. Even though I can't remember her verbiage to save my life right now, the main idea was to create a piece, or two, to post on specific days of the week in order to get into the habit. Since she has two famous features of her own (check out Obsessed and Nerd News), I would be a fool not to listen to her. ;) So, without further ado ...

WELCOME to the first edition of Handmade Monday! Here I hope to post some of my creations. The guidelines here are pretty loose. Basically, if I made it myself, it counts. While I intend for the bulk of these to fall under the craft department, they may wander off track just a bit. I'm cheating a little today because I spent the majority of the evening creating banners for my various "pieces" (but since I've yet to tell anyone of this blog's existence I think I'm okay).

These are devils food cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Everything came from a box, but I did mix it by hand. Watch out Betty Crocker! My original plan was for lavender frosting with green sprinkles (Christmas leftovers), but the frosting started to turn grey so I panicked and decided to make it blue. Luckily the red sprinkles (also left over from the holidays) coordinated pretty well. 



I'm not sure if baking is a hobby, or just a result of my sweet tooth, but I do it fairly regularly either way. I've only baked one cake from scratch, and hated all the work, but here is a lady that has some magical cupcake skills if you'd like to feel inspired (or need a visual sugar fix).

3 comments:

  1. Great feature! And the banner looks awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! That means a lot coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post...those banners did come out nice. I'm still charging for a consulting fee. The photos on the cupcakes look awesome, and from experience, they tasted fantastic...the cupcakes not the photos, those just tasted like paper.

    ReplyDelete