5.02.2011

Handmade Monday: owl apron


Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a decent weekend. Here in Oregon we had our first real dose of warm spring sunshine, so I spent it hitting garage sales, weeding, barbecuing, and getting a sunburn. :P

Today's project is actually one from quite a few months ago because my current one is taking for-ev-er and my workspace is too messy to start anything new. 

An owl apron:

This was a gift for my aunt's birthday last September, and is actually one of my first (if not the first) embroidery pieces. It was done on one of those horrible stiff aprons from the craft store because I was a naive little crafter in the beginning. I hadn't even considering learning to sew yet, and I didn't realize you can stitch on almost anything you can poke a needle through. Live and learn. :)

Sunshine is predicted for the at least the next five days, but I'll probably be hiding indoors nursing my tomato red neck. Perhaps I'll get organized and get some stuff made. What fun things do you have planned this week?  

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love it! Why must I be surrounded by fabulously crafty people? ;) #jealous

    I kind of think I need an apron now, just to hire you out, milady. ;)

    ReplyDelete