5.05.2011

I Heart This!


This week I'm going to be a little repetitive, a little informative, and a bit inappropriate. ;)

Teavana.com:


Tea accessories, infusers, and appliances! Oh my! If you like tea, you'll love this website. It has all sorts of delicious looking/sounding teas, swanky sweeteners, and oodles of other fun stuff. It's also overflowing with useful information. Suffering from allergies? Did you know there are teas that can help? You can learn all about them on the website (or perhaps in a store if you're lucky enough to live near one). I am loving this site. A BIG thanks to Megan from File Me Away for telling me about it. <3

P.S. Here's the link for the yellow submarine infuser for anyone who's interested.

Apple Crisp:


Over Easter weekend the hubs and I bought 10 pounds of apples for $5.00 at a local market. Then, because she's a toddler, ELA lost all interest in anything containing our abundant little fruit (even though she'd been inhaling them the week before). With apples up to our eyeballs I went searching for a way to make a decent sized dent in the pile. I don't bake pies, so I adjusted a crisp recipe instead.

Filling:
  • 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup water
Topping:
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
  2. Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
  3. Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes. 
Tweaks I made/recommend:
  • Mixing apples with sugar mixture in a bowl before placing in pan.
  • Only using about 1/2 - 3/4 recommended sugar mixture and water.
  • Doubling topping so that you have plenty of crunchy goodness. You could even spread some along the bottom of the pan first. 
We ate ours with vanilla ice cream and it was super yummy. :P

Baby Trashes Bar in Las Palmas:


I know this is totally wrong, but sometimes things that are inappropriate are also hilarious. Just ask my husband who taught our darling daughter to "walk like a pimp" with the baton I snagged at a garage sale. ;) 

Hope this livens up your Thursday! 

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing at that baby. I think I've seen that whole thing at a couple of family reunions before...just with adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha! that baby is greatness. i'm totally digging her fanny pack. i'm glad you liked the teavana site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess that baby is. Somebody call her a cab. ;)

    ReplyDelete