5.19.2011

I Heart This! my cat Alex


I don't really have a lot to post today, and not because I've been super lazy with this feature (which I totally have), but because I'm simply too sad. Yesterday I had to send my cat of almost 20 years off to a better place. Basically he was just old and deserved better than to be tortured with procedures in order for me to avoid the inevitable, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier. 

My cat Alex: 


Alexander Nicholas Bluepoint was a Himalayan that Santa Claus brought me when I was twelve. We lived in two states and 13 different houses together. I have cuddled him through every heartbreak I've ever had, and he was often where I'd turn when missing my father. He was the perfect heating pad and could say a handful of words including my name. Except for decorating every environment with a hairball, and shedding so much it looked as though he'd exploded, he was perfect. I heart this cat and will miss him so.

Perkier posts to come! <3

3 comments:

  1. He was a good cat. Sorry honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... Cheyloe I'm so sorry. I remember Alex, and I remember how excited you were when you got him! That is the longest I have ever heard of any cat live, he was lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better, sweets. I know how hard it can be to say goodbye to a furry member of the family.

    Hugs and love to you.

    <3,
    M

    ReplyDelete