3.28.2011

Something I Rarely Leave the House Without

This is Day 7:

When I leave the house I am usually toting the typical large lady bag, and it is usually sufficiently stuffed. Within you will find my cell phone, keys, and lip gloss among a slew of other things. I believe that's pretty much the norm in our society. However, that's not all I take with me when I exit my abode ... I rarely leave my house without my little one, "ELA".


For a little over two years now I've been fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home mom, and loved every second of it. Yes, I have the moments where I'm surprised not to find myself flinging her out a window, but even those are precious. As anyone with children will tell you, it goes way too fast. I'd gladly have an entire year of tantrums if it meant she'd stay small a little longer. 

Since I've yet to be offered such a deal, she continues to grow, and I continue to miss my baby while adoring the little girl she's becoming. It's because of all these fleeting moments that she accompanies me more often than not. Even though I love listening to the music in my car without worrying about the volume and little ears, I love hearing her "sing along" with the songs so much more. Therefore, when I gather up my things and prepare to go out into the world it's not something I rarely leave without, but a very special someone.

1 comment: