3.23.2011

A Photo of My Best Friend

This is Day 5:

When I put this prompt on the list I had intended on using it as an excuse to gush about my husband. I mean, who isn't married to their best friend? I know I am (love you, honey). However, this portion of the list just happened to fall on March 23rd, so I'm going a different direction. While the hubs is still my number one, I'm going to quickly brag about another amazing gent in my life - my brother.

When I was about four I asked for a baby brother and actually got one. For years I considered him "my baby". When he started to walk he became my crash test dummy, my biggest annoyance, and my favorite playmate. As we've grown he's been my bodyguard, the keeper of my secrets, and my greatest friend. Since we've entered into adulthood he's walked me down the aisle, lugged a million moving boxes, and accepted the role of godfather to his little niece. He's always held a very special, very large, portion of my heart and no one who knows him would ever question it. He's just that awesome. 

My brother, Colt.
I chose to showcase him today because it was exactly 27 years ago that we met for the first time. Happy Birthday, Bub! 


If you'd like to know more, please visit the blog of this extraordinary wife (whom I stole this photo from).

3 comments:

  1. We have the same best friend! ;)

    You're so sweet. I know he might not tell you often, but he definitely loves you this much too.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww <3 you too sis

    ReplyDelete